One of the cheapest ways to freshen up a front porch is with a new doormat. It is cheap, effective, and makes a huge impact. Today we have four different free doormat SVG designs that are perfect for you to use with your Silhouette or Cricut cutting machine.
Just as a reminder, we don’t allow the resell or re-distribution of our files. We don’t mind if you use them for personal or commercial use up to 200 uses but please only within your own home small business. Not in print on demand shops such as amazon merch or printful.
Scroll on down for the links to download your four free designs that are perfect for a front doormat.
PLEASE NOTE THIS POST DOES CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS WHICH MEANS THAT AT NO EXTRA COST TO YOU WE EARN A SMALL COMMISSION WHEN YOU SHOP THROUGH OUR LINKS.
WIPE YOUR PAWS
At this point you might be thinking… great, these designs are adorable but I have no idea what materials to use when creating these doormats.
Here is a supply list:
- You can also get these from Ikea, Home Depot and even Walmart
- Black permanent paint
- The spray paint version would also work
- Teflon sheet
- Sponge brush
- Freezer Paper (this is the same stuff that you can use to stencil designs on shirts and is also used with quilting)
- Cutting Machine
I will have to do an exact step by step tutorial in the future but for now here is the basic gist in 5 easy steps:
- Cut one of the designs below out on freezer paper with cutting machine and then weed out the part that you want painted (check out more details of what I mean when I say weeding here.)
- Move freezer paper to mat to use as a stencil. Don’t forget the insides of your letters too! (it is also possible to use oramask or adhesive vinyl but i had a hard time making it stick while peeling up the transfer tape) Check out all our favorite transfer tapes here.
- Place teflon sheet on top and gently iron the freezer paper to the doormat so it doesn’t move as you stencil
- Carefully use the paint and dab in onto the mat. You will need to do a few layers to make sure it is dark enough
- Peel up the freezer paper and admire you beautiful work
If you are thinking of selling these but aren’t sure how much to charge head over to our pricing calculator to figure it out in just a simple click!
We would love it if you could take a moment and pin an image from above before you download your favorites below. This helps us continue to provide high quality free content for you.
DOWNLOAD YOUR SVG FILES HERE:
AS A NOTE THE FILES ABOVE ARE IN ZIP FOLDERS SO IF YOU ARE DOWNLOADING THEM ON A PHONE OR IPAD YOU WILL NEED AN ADDITIONAL UNZIP APP TO ACCESS THE SVG FILE INSIDE THE FOLDER.
Thanks for being here and make sure to show off what you are making with the designs here in our Facebook group! Seeing the designs come to life makes our day! Check out more SVG files over here in our shop.
‘Til next time, happy crafting, cutting, and chaos!